What Can You Use Instead of a UV Light For Nails?
- Use Non-UV Gel Polish. If you’re avoiding UV rays, consider using gel polishes that don’t require UV light.
- Create an Ice Water Bath.
- Apply Cooking Spray.
- Sit Under the Sun.
- Opt for a Thinner Coat.
- Use a Quick-Drying Nail Polish Spray.
You don’t need a lamp for this gel nail polish; simply let your colour dry for two minutes before you apply a second coat for an opaque finish.
Generally Can you air dry gel nail polish? A lot of people wonder whether they can simply allow their gel nail polish to air dry. Unfortunately, this is not possible. Oxygen gets in the way of curing gel nails. The air will stop the molecules in the gel from binding together and hardening, and this is why you simply cannot let gel nails air dry.
Here You Can Watch The Video Gel Nail Tutorial without a UV Light!
Similarly, DIY SHELLAC GEL NAILS – NO UV LIGHT | Mia Mia Mine
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Will gel polish dry without a UV light?
Thankfully, there are alternative ways to cure gel polish with less UV exposure. While only an LED lamp can cure your polish as quickly and effectively as a UV light, using a non-UV gel polish, applying a drying agent, or soaking your nails in ice water could work as well.
What can I use instead of UV light for nails?
Get yourself a LED lamp The good news is, especially for those who do regular manicure is that LED light is less damaging to the skin than a UV light and it is something you can easily get from a good beauty shop. You can always use it in place of a UV light to cure it.
Can gel polish dry on its own?
Gel nails will not dry or cure without the addition of either a UV or LED drying process. Both ways will start the process of polymerization. The molecules in the gel polish work with the light rays to produce a hard, smudge and chip-free finish. The process takes around 3 minutes.
Does cold water dry nail polish faster?
‘Yes, you can speed up your drying time by submerging your nails in cold water,’ confirms Michelle. Hooray! She advises, ‘Simply fill a bowl, dip your nails, and wait 3-5 minutes – or however long you can spare! You can even add a few ice cubes to make the temperature cooler.
How do you get UV light on your phone?
- Rip off a small piece of tape (fold some of it over to make a tab for easy clean up later) and place the piece of tape over the camera light on the phone.
- With the blue marker, color the portion of tape over the light.
- Place another piece of tape over the first.
How do you dry gel nails fast?
Keep reading for some safe suggestions for how to dry nail polish faster.
- Quick-dry top coat. Purchasing a clear coat of nail polish that’s been formulated specifically to cut down on drying time is an easy way to dry nails faster.
- Cold water quick-dry.
- Baby oil.
- Thin coats of polish.
- Drying drops.
How do you apply gel nail polish at home?
How to apply nail tips with gel overlay
- First, push back your cuticles, buff the surface of your nails, and wipe them clean.
- Then, brush a thin coat of nail glue over each nail.
- Adjust the size and shape of the nail tip as needed.
- Buff and clean the surface, then apply your gel polish as usual.
Can you make a UV light?
If you want to take a white LED and get UV light, you just need to block the visible colors while leaving the UV light to pass through. There are some materials—like fused quartz or fluorite that do exactly this and can be used to make some pretty cool UV photographs.
Is there a UV light app?
UV Light Ultraviolet are optimized to show a powerful radiant effect. UV Light is the best app ever. It produces deep purple light.